At Jim Boyd’s Flooring America, we pride ourselves on not only providing the best flooring options and professional services, but also helping guide you towards picking flooring options that best suit you and your personal needs. A major part of that guidance is in helping you maintain and preserve the flooring option that you’ve already selected. Although all flooring design and constructions have their own unique benefits, we often recommend the versatility of laminate flooring — which is not only ideal for almost any room in your home, but has the sturdiness and durability to last a lifetime. But to keep it looking its best and maintaining its construction’s integrity, here are a few crucial tips on how to properly clean your laminate, preserving its longevity.
The Proper Ways and Tips
Laminate floors are more versatile than most carpets and even certain hardwood and tile options, but they come with their own specific ways to keep them looking their best. Keep these rules in mind when cleaning time comes!
- Never steam cleaners or wet mops, which may cause irreparable damage to your floor.
- Do not use any type of buffing or polishing machine on your laminate floors. Always use a damp cloth to blot up spills as soon as they happen. Don’t allow those spills to set for any length of time — laminate can stain!
- Sweep, dust, or vacuum the floor regularly with the hard floor attachment to prevent accumulation of basic dirt and grit. While those won’t damage the laminate, then will cause significant fading over time.
- For tough spots — such as oil, paint, markers, or ink — use an acetone, such as nail polish remover, on a clean white cloth or a few cotton balls. Then wipe the area with a damp cloth to remove any remaining residue.
- Do not wash or wet mop the floor with soap and water or oil-soap detergent. The moisture can quickly This could cause warping and delamination, voiding the warranty.
- A more frequent dust-mopping or vacuuming schedule may be required in very sandy areas such as a beachside home.
Choosing the Best Flooring from Jim Boyd’s Flooring America!
Ready to choose the perfect flooring option for you and have a seamless professional installation? Jim Boyd’s Flooring America is happy to provide our customers with top-notch service to meet any and all of their flooring needs. We have the knowledge and experience to assess your needs and help you choose the right floors for your family’s home. Make an appointment today or give us a call at 410-667-0620 so we can keep your carpet looking great for years to come. To follow us online, don’t forget to check out our Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Houzz, LinkedIn, Flickr, and Google+.